This video shows how to set up the most glamorous and expensive truck ever to roll out of Mack’s Brisbane factory. It has been handed over to its new royal owner, Malaysia’s Sultan of Johor.
The Super Liner includes a luxury leisure deck, gold-thread embroidery and even a golden tiger hood ornament. Although the bulldog brand is keeping quiet about the price tage they do admit it is the highest ever for a Mack truck, easily smashing the previous record of $481,000 for a customised Mack built in the US.
Here’s a short list of some of the added extras included on the new truck:
- A specially-built sleeper unit 80 per cent larger than standard and fully upholstered with imported South African leather.
- Royal emblems embroidered into the front seats with 72,000 stitches of gold thread.
- A gold tiger hood ornament specially commissioned from Wallace Bishop.
- A rear leisure deck complete with sun shades, deck chairs and pull-out barbecue.
- Solid jarrah timber flooring throughout the cab, sleeper unit and rear leisure deck.
- A six-camera CCTV system linked to two flatscreen TVs inside the vehicle.
- Police-standard flashing lights and an ear-popping four air-horns.
- Programmable strip-lighting built into the full length of the cab and deck flooring.
- A stone-topped kitchen area including fridge, microwave and grill.
- Extra-wide Michelin X1 tyres for the smoothest possible ride.
- A Bose surround sound system and X-Box and Playstation consoles.
“I have always appreciated Australia’s engineering skills and have collected a few Holden cars over the years,” said Sultan Ibrahim. “Mack has done a wonderful job and I’m looking forward to showing its workmanship to the people of Johor as soon as the Super-Liner is shipped over.”
The truck, with its 685hp MP 10 Mack engine has been painted in the red, white and blue colours of Johor. Its other special features include external LED lighting, heat and sound insulation, a 5kva generator and fully-ducted air-conditioning system.
The Sultan is a transport enthusiast and his private car collection includes Aston Martins, Ferraris and Bentleys, as well as 10 Cadillacs and eight Rolls-Royces. Another of the Sultan’s toys is this impressive performance boat which will be hauled by his new Super Liner, see below: