Navistar this week announced the launch of its heavy-duty International WorkStar vocational trucks powered by the company’s 13-litre engine with Selective Catalytic Reduction (SCR) emissions technology.
Navistar originally dismissed the SCR technology for its truck range but has found it necessary to develop the technology in order to remain competitive in its markets.
“With the launch of the WorkStar with our 13-liter SCR engine, we continue to make great progress in our engine transition strategy and customers are benefitting from our expanded product line-up,” said Bill Kozek, president North America Truck and Parts, Navistar.
“We’re well positioned to continue our positive momentum and we are on schedule to complete the SCR transition in our remaining heavy-duty truck offerings by early August.”
The company’s portfolio of SCR-based heavy-duty trucks also includes the International ProStar, International PayStar 5900 Set-Back Axle and International 9900i—all available with the Cummins ISX15 engine. In addition, Navistar’s proprietary 13-liter engine with SCR was launched in the ProStar in April and is now available in the WorkStar. The remaining line-up of International heavy-duty truck models will transition to SCR emissions technology in a phased launch in the coming weeks based on volume and customer demand.
The International WorkStar Features
The WorkStar is designed to take on the heaviest loads and the most rugged jobs. The heavy-duty WorkStar model includes two variations, 7600 SBA (46″ set-back axle) and 7600 SFA (30″ set-forward axle). Both models feature a 113″ BBC (bumper to back-of-cab).
- Available high-visibility hood where front-end power take-off (FEPTO) is not required
- Available 4×2, 6×4 and 8×6 axle configurations
- Available from 365 hp 1,250 lb-ft torque up to 475 hp 1,700 lb-ft torque
- Huck-bolted frame and crossmember system with a number of frame-rail options for maximum durability
- Diamond Logic electrical system for greater reliability, improved productivity and lower maintenance costs
- Double-sided, galvanized steel cab for maximum durability
- Dual-powered steering gears and large front axle for excellent maneuverability
- Wrap-around panoramic windshield for best-in-class visibility where FEPTO is not required
- Optional Eagle interior with premium rosewood dashboard and easy-to-read ivory gauges or chrome bezel black gauges on instrument panel
- Easy-to-clean vocational floor mats and vinyl interior panels throughout the cab to improve durability
- “With the launch of the WorkStar with our own SCR-based 13-liter engine, we continue to focus on meeting the needs of vocational customers by delivering innovative, best-in-class products for a wide range of severe applications,” added Kozek.