Navman Wireless has released a significantly expanded mobile application (app) for its OnlineAVL2 (automatic vehicle location) fleet tracking system, enabling dispatchers, fleet managers and executives to monitor and manage fleet activities from their iPhones or iPads.
The new app provides in-depth insights into real-time fleet operations as well as the ability to send and receive messages through Navman Wireless in-vehicle terminals for fast and easy communications with drivers.
OnlineAVL2 users can now use the mobile app to:
• Determine the real-time location of any vehicle or asset, along with status information such as ignition on/off and travel speed, simply by selecting from a vehicle list;
• View the entire fleet, vehicle groups or individual assets in real time on Google Maps, with choice of standard, satellite or street map views;
• Spot out-of-bounds vehicles or construction equipment by tapping a button to add previously created geofences or job sites to the map view;
• ‘Replay a Day’ to see any vehicle’s current-day activity plotted on a map, making it possible to retrace driving routes and pinpoint the time and location of events such as speeding or idling. The same information can be also delivered in a report format;
• Direct drivers to a specific address with turn-by-turn directions, sending the information to the Navman Wireless M-Nav dispatch/messaging/navigation terminals;
• Send messages to one or multiple Navman Wireless in-vehicle terminals with a tap, eliminating phone calls or separate text messages with associated delays.
“Fleet operators are often on the move and need to be able to check the location of a specific work truck or direct the closest service van to a new assignment, whether they’re in the office, at a job site or with a customer ” said Ian Daniel, Navman Wireless vice president for Asia Pacific. “Fleet managers can now access the wealth of data in OnlineAVL2 whether they’re using their desktop, laptop, smartphone or tablet.
“It helps our customers get more out of the system, thereby maximising their return on investment and ensuring their fleet is being used productively, safely and efficiently.”
The Navman Wireless OnlineAVL2 mobile app is available immediately from the iTunes App Store at http://itunes.apple.com/au/app/onlineavl/id503008765?mt=8. Future releases of the new mobile app will add support for Android phones and tablets as well as providing multiple language options.
Visit www.navmanwireless.com.au for more information.