The National Heavy Vehicle Regulator (NHVR) is due to open its doors at the start of next year and recently added a comprehensive questions and answers document to its website through which truck operators can gain detailed information on the new Heavy Vehicle National Law (HVNL) and how it will be administered by the NHVR.
A very small sample of the questions that are addressed in the document include:
• What will happen with infringement notices and court matters?
• What will happen to existing permits/schemes/notices operators may have at the
time the NHVR commences?
• Will the current penalties in each jurisdiction be retained?
• Which local productivity initiatives will be harmonised from January 2013?
• How will the national data exchange work for compliance and enforcement?
• Will participation in Intelligent Access Program (IAP) become mandatory?
• How will the central COR (Chain of Responsibility) unit work operationally?
The full document can be accessed by clicking on the following link: