Australia’s leading supply chain and logistics event, Smart Conference & Expo, is calling for conference papers and presentations for its next event taking place in Sydney on June 26-27 next year.
The deadline for conference paper submissions is October 1, 2012.
With a theme of Critical Links, the 2013 conference will explore the links that extend and sustain supply chains and what can ultimately break them.
“With harsh economic times, organisations must be smarter at identifying, strengthening and protecting critical links within their supply chain,” said program director Mal Walker. “Smart 2013 will provide delegates with the opportunity to analyse the critical links within their own supply chain, isolate the weakest links and identify opportunities for new links to be created.”
Leading practitioners, professionals, experts and academics working in supply chain and logistics are invited to share their story and the critical links they have identified in their organisation or industry in the form of a case study or extended interactive session.
Paper submissions will be selected on the basis of the quality of abstract, originality, topicality, relevance, and advancement of current thinking on the subject in the following special-interest information streams:
• Multi-modal transport: air/sea/rail/road
• Sustainable supply chains: remanufacturing, recycling and reverse logistics
• Distribution centre management, planning and design
• Human factors including ethics and developing supply chain talent
• Operations planning
• Third party insourcing/outsourcing
• Network planning and optimisation
• Global supply chains: agile models
• Leading edge technology: IT, eBusiness, lean
• Procurement strategies encompassing new forms of flexibility
For submission guidelines and more information visit: www.smartconference.com.au or contact Allysa Burke on 02 8586 6193.