The Victorian Transport Association (VTA) will host regional breakfast workshops in the Victorian towns of Bendigo, Sale, Traralgon, Mildura, Shepparton, Warrnambool and Ballarat from late August through to early October 2012.
“We are hitting the road to visit regional transport & logistics and waste companies to discuss their views, and to provide them with valuable information on the latest regulatory issues and business initiatives,” said Neil Chambers, chief executive of the
As well as a good feed, the workshops will provide the personnel of regional companies with practical, ‘take home’ information and advice, plus the opportunity to discuss important local issues and provide feedback directly to the VTA.
“Often regional companies are too busy and too far away to come to Melbourne for meetings and other networking opportunities,” Chambers added. “So, this is a great chance for them to join us for an information exchange. We look forward to VTA members and non-members alike coming along.”
The workshops will cover the following topics:
• Industry update: current industry developments and how they will affect businesses;
• Industrial relations;
• Road Safety Remuneration Tribunal;
• Award Handbooks: come along and receive your free award handbook which will make the awards more understandable and much easier to apply. (There are handbooks for the Road Transport & Distribution Award 2010 and the Road Transport Long Distance Operations Award 2010);
• Local issues: A discussion about issues that are important in the region;
• Workers Compensation: What businesses must do to ensure they comply with workers compensation law, how to keep costs to a minimum, and how to support workers who have a workplace injury;
• Superannuation and Business: Working together for best results;
• Health Insurance: Keeping employees health in focus;
• Freight Warranty Program.
The workshops will be held over breakfast from 7.30am to 9.30am at the following locations:
• Bendigo – Wednesday, August 29
• Traralgon – Tuesday, September 4
• Sale – Wednesday, September 5
• Mildura – Wednesday, September 19
• Shepparton – Wednesday, September 26
• Ballarat – Wednesday, October 10
• Warrnambool – Thursday, October 11
The workshops are free and open to anyone in the freight & logistics or waste management sectors of industry. Registration is essential.
To find out more, contact the VTA on 03 9646 8590.