In a radical change of direction the Australian Trucking Association (ATA) has created a new national trucking event to replace its traditional yearly Convention.
Structured as an open meeting, Trucking Australia 2013 is the trucking industry’s chance to have its say, help build the industry’s policies and work out plans to get them put into place. All this on tropical Hamilton Island.
The sessions will include:
- building a new safety action plan for the industry;
- planning the way forward on the carbon tax and road charges;
- working out how to beat the staff shortage and recruit more women and younger drivers; and
- mapping out how to turn those ideas into results through grassroots lobbying, the media and the ATA and its member associations.
The event is designed to let grass roots transport operators help shape the future direction of the industry and is shorter in time and less expensive than the tradition convention.”
Cummins South Pacific are running a competition which will see three people win a trip to Hamilton Island in the Whitsundays to attend Trucking Australia 2013. Each winner can also bring a guest to the ATA Foundation Sponsors Awards Dinner, Kenworth Legends Luncheon and BPW BBQ.
Trucking Australia 2013 is the Australian Trucking Association’s new national event, which will be held on Friday 21 and Saturday 22 June 2013.
The prize includes:
- one full delegate registration to Trucking Australia 2013
- two nights’ standard accommodation at the Hamilton Island Reef View hotel
- one return economy air fare to Hamilton Island from any Australian capital city; and
- one social ticket package for a guest (air fare not included).
The competition is open to all Australian trucking operators and their employees.
To enter simply tell them in 100 words or less what you would bring to the table at Trucking Australia 2013, and how you would use the experience to improve the trucking industry.
Send your answer along with your name, company, position and contact details to firstname.lastname@example.org. One winner will be announced each month from January to March.
Col Baker, Cummins Manager Automotive Sales and Customer Service, said attending Trucking Australia 2013 would be an invaluable opportunity for trucking operators to have their say about issues in the industry and use their experience to drive policy direction.
“We’re proud to work with the ATA on this valuable initiative. Cummins realises that to make our industry the best it can be, we need to hear from the people at the coalface,” he said.
“That’s why we’re giving three operators the opportunity to attend this event as Cummins hosted delegates.”
The winners will be published each month in the ATA’s Friday Facts newsletter. The first entry round closes on 21 January 2013.